Last Updated: January 29, 2013 (Archive)
1. Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) is information that can be directly associated with an individual person (such as name, email address, or telephone number), or information about activities directly linked to an individual (such as products and services you have used or purchased).
We collect PII about you from information you provide at registration or through use of OpDemand’s System, OpDemand’s Console (the “OpDemand Console”), OpDemand’s Application Programming Interface, support services and other services (collectively, the “OpDemand Products”), through technology and programs associated with our services, through the OpDemand websites (the “Websites”) and occasionally from third parties.
Information you provide us:
You, or someone acting on your behalf, may expressly provide PII to us when you interact with us online and offline. For example, when you register with OpDemand, use your OpDemand Console, or pay for services, we may collect:
- Your name, physical address, email address or phone number;
- Information about the software, products or services you download, register to use or purchase;
- Financial information such as credit card numbers if you purchase or subscribe to any fee-based services or products; and
- User preferences, product interests, industry focus, community choices and other customer profile information.
Information collected through use of our products or services:
Certain parts of the OpDemand Products that you download, register to use, or purchase, may connect and transmit telemetry and system/product data to OpDemand (or its authorized agents). This data may include, but is not limited to, system model, operating system, host ID and IP address.
In the course of using the OpDemand Products, you or someone else in your organization may provide us with information about your systems infrastructure and access to your systems infrastructure. We might also discover this information when we perform ongoing service support. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Names and IP addresses of servers;
- Operating systems of servers;
- Applications installed on servers;
- Usernames and passwords of server and database administrators;
- Usernames and passwords of application users;
- Keys to systems infrastructure;
- Keys to third party application programming interfaces;
- Performance of elements within the systems infrastructure;
- Configuration information for elements within the systems infrastructure;
- Operational logs of elements within the systems infrastructure; and
- Locations of files and databases within the infrastructure.
Information collected through our Websites:
When you are on our Websites, we collect information about the pages you visit, using cookies, web beacons and similar technologies. When you visit our Websites, we may send one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of characters) to your computer to uniquely identify your browser. We may use web beacons (electronic images also known as pixel tags or clear gifs) to recognize a cookie on your computer when you view or act upon a web page, advertisement or email.
Additionally, in order to use the OpDemand Products and the OpDemand Console, you must have cookies enabled. Most browsers allow you to remove and block cookies and web beacons. If you do block cookies you will not be able to use the OpDemand Console or the OpDemand Products.
Through your use of our Websites, we may collect information such as:
- Internet Protocol Address;
- Browser type;
- Browser language;
- Operating system;
- Referring site (site you visited before coming to our site);
- Date and time of visit;
- URL of pages visited; and
- Other browsing behavior, including tracking information from third party websites and other downloaded items or information.
We may link this information to your PII to provide better service to you and to improve our product and service offerings.
Information from other sources:
We may obtain information from other sources and merge this with information we have previously collected. This includes information about accounts you may have with other service providers as needed in order to provide you with the complete set of services and functionality available from OpDemand and your OpDemand Console (collectively, “Third Party PII”).
2. How we use your PII
3. Sharing and Disclosing Your PII
OpDemand will not sell or knowingly disclose your PII to any third party except with your consent or as otherwise listed below. We may compile or derive statistical information from your PII to be aggregated with the statistical information compiled or derived from other visitors to the Websites or users of the OpDemand Products. However, such statistical information will be anonymous and not attributed to you. We use aggregated statistical information to better serve the users of our products and services and improve the manner in which the business of OpDemand is conducted. We may share or disclose your PII as follows:
- To corporate subsidiaries we own or control to support their business and marketing processes;
- To our service providers and suppliers, who are acting and using your information on our behalf;
- Based on a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to protect the rights or safety of any person or entity;
- In the event that OpDemand is sold, merges with another company or any of its assets are acquired, your information may be transferred with the company or the asset;
- To other third-parties for purposes you have allowed or consented to; or
- When posted by you or an authorized third-party to our wikis, forums, blogs, message boards, chat rooms and other social networking environments.
In addition, OpDemand may be compelled or determine it is necessary or appropriate to disclose your personal information to the government or third parties in connection with law enforcement actions and legal disputes involving fraud, misappropriation of intellectual property, infringement of intellectual property rights or other conduct that may expose us to liability, or as required by law.
We only share PII with third parties if we believe those third parties provide an adequate level of data protection to help ensure the security of personal data. However, we cannot and do not provide any guarantee that such third parties data protection will be sufficient to protect your PII and we are not responsible for third party security.
OpDemand works hard to safeguard your personal information, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards. These safeguards are designed to protect against, but are not a guarantee against, the loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction of PII. These safeguards are not perfect, however, and OpDemand cannot promise that your PII will never be disclosed. In addition, there is no such thing as perfect security regarding information transmitted by way of the Internet. Unauthorized third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions containing your personal information. Therefore, OpDemand does not promise, and you should not expect, that your PII will remain private under all circumstances. OpDemand will not be liable for any security breaches, including any disclosure of Third Party PII which may result from a breach in OpDemand’s security safeguards; and OpDemand specifically disclaims any liability whatsoever for security breaches or unauthorized access to your PII or Third Party PII.
5. Access to and Right to Decline to Provide PII
We provide individuals with reasonable access to their PII in order to correct, amend or delete it where it is inaccurate or inappropriate for the specified purpose.
If you need to review, update or correct your PII, please log in to your OpDemand Console or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After making changes, we may keep a copy of the prior information for our records.
In some instances, you can choose whether or not to provide your PII to us. If you choose not to provide PII, you can continue to interact with OpDemand, but you may be not be able to take advantage of certain offers, options, events and services that depend upon OpDemand having access to accurate PII. In particular, use of the OpDemand Products and OpDemand Console requires that cookies and web beacons are enabled. Certain methods of collecting PII cannot be opted out of as they are built into and required for use of OpDemand services and products. The only way to completely avoid providing any PII is to refrain from using any OpDemand services or products.
The Websites, the OpDemand Products and our marketing are not intended for or directed to children under 18 years of age. OpDemand does not knowingly collect PII from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you may use the Websites and the OpDemand Products only with the involvement and consent of a parent or guardian.